Thailand Boys Dangerous Cave Rescue – True Story

The dangerous story of how 12 boys and their football coach were rescued from a cave in thailand

On the tragic day of June 23, 12 boys and their football coach went on an expedition to Chiang Rai province, Thailand-eventually trapped in a cave under the mountain. Dramatic events about how to rescue the boy shocked the world.

Deep inside the boar, the boar is in trouble. It has been raining in recent days, and all water that falls on the mountain must flow somewhere.  That place was the Tham Luang cave system, which was quickly filled.

Thailand Boys Dangerous Cave Rescue - True Story

Preliminary records of the boys showed that they were caught off guard by a flash flood. They need to go out, but have no choice but to climb into deeper caves.

What happened in these two weeks was an extraordinary friendship, a story of human endurance-some will do their best to save others’ children.

In the cave complex in Thailand, 12 boys and their football coach were trapped. This is a snake-shaped system of caves and gaps, which has caused a series of problems for rescuers.

Some of the Tham Luang caves extend over 10m (33 feet) in height, while others are packed with water-filled channels.

The death of an experienced former Thai Navy diver who was part of a team trying to supply oxygen to a boy’s cave emphasized the danger of performing the mission.

When a sudden storm caused the passage to flood, the boys and their coach were exploring the caves and trapping them inside. On Monday, July 2, they stayed in the cave for 9 days with little food or light.

Rescuers initially wanted to keep rescuers’ equipment underground until the end of the rainy season (this may take several months).

However, due to the expected risk of heavy rain and rising water levels, an operation was launched on Sunday, July 8 to take it out.

How did the boys escape from the cave?

Rescue divers equipped with professional breathing equipment entered the working group through a series of water-filled channels.

These boys must be taken away in the same way.

Sources of the rescue operation, including divers involved in the dive, told the BBC that the boys had been severely sedated before the rescue to prevent them from panic in dark, narrow underwater passages.

The boys wore full-face breathing masks. For the underwater part, they were tied to rescue divers. The diver led the diver through the darkness.

Chiang Rai cave

British rescuer John Volanthen, one of the first people to discover the boys, said that divers could practice rescue techniques with local Thai boys swimming in the pool.

“We tied a cylinder in front of the child, and they wore a full face mask … basically, we had a handle on the child’s back.”

The diver was then able to steer the boys down the aisle.

“If you want a picture, it may be more like a shopping bag, and sometimes it clings to your chest if the channel is narrow and deep. If the channel is narrow and wide, you can extend it out to the side and manipulate them Bypass any obstacles, “he said.

To be on the safe side, the boys were caught on the divers in case they could not see them in the dim water.

Initial reports showed that each boy had two rescue divers-one to hold the diver and the other to swim behind-rescuer Rick Stanton concluded that it was one-on-one.

“We have no one to do one-on-one work,” he said.

Some people consider diving options extremely dangerous, but diving experts say it is imperative to drive the boys out before rain brings more floods and debris into the cave system.

Admiral Apakorn Yuukongkaew, commander of the Thai Navy SEAL Commander, told reporters that about 40% of the boys ‘journeys in the water involved diving while the rest of the water was carried by rescuers’ chest .

According to a video released by the Thai Navy SEALs, after the flood submerged section, when they reached the diver’s operating base, the boys were strapped into a stretcher and then lifted or winched with a rope.

Each journey back to the entrance took several hours.

Thailand Boys Dangerous Cave Rescue - True Story

The rescue mission began on July 8 and divers entered the cave at 10:00 local time (03:00 GMT). The first boy appeared at 17:40, and by 19:47, three more boys appeared.

The mission was suspended overnight to replace the gas tank along the way, but resumed on Monday and Tuesday until the remaining boys and their coach were taken out and taken to the hospital.

Waiting and pumping water out of the cave

There is a 24/7 pumping operation that attempts to clear the cave.

However, as the water is pumped out, the speed is getting faster and faster, and more water flows in, provided by sewage pits and streams in the hills above, and the risk of monsoon rains is high.

Narongsak said the mission was “a race against water.”

Drill down
Authorities did try to drill holes in the cave walls to help drain part of the flood, although thick rocks prevented efforts.

It was also suggested that drilling might be another way to reach the boys and lift them out.

But even to begin the process, new roads need to be built above the caves to accommodate the heavy drilling equipment needed to penetrate the rocks.

A detailed investigation of the area must also be carried out-otherwise, there is almost no chance to dig a hole in the right place to reach the boy and his coach. Drilling can also make the rocks above children unstable or block passageways and increase flooding.

What’s the danger there?

Boys between the ages of 11 and 17 and their 25-year-old coach were crouched on a small ledge. The environment is wet, so they must be kept warm and dry, otherwise there is a danger of hypothermia.

There is concern about the amount of oxygen in the air in the boy’s trapped space. Officials once said that the oxygen content of the air had fallen to 15%. The usual level is 21%.

Rescuers transferred about 100 oxygen cylinders to the cave to help improve air supply.

Thai diver Saman (PO Saman) has been helping to relocate the tank when he encountered difficulties on his way back and did not have enough air himself. He died after losing consciousness in one of the channels, and his colleagues were unable to revive him.

Former Navy Seal diver Saman Gunan was one of many volunteers who had rushed to help in the rescue.
On 6 July, while on a routine run to deliver air tanks to the boys, he lost consciousness after running out of air for himself. His dive buddy pulled him out and tried to revive him.

What help did they get?

On Tuesday, much-needed food and medical supplies, including fresh water and paracetamol, arrived with the boys and their coach. Rescuers transferred supplies to boys to increase their energy and nutrition levels.

Major Admiral Arpakorn, the head of the Thai Navy’s special forces, told reporters that under the supervision of doctors, they got “digestible, high-energy foods rich in vitamins and minerals.”

Officials said that although some people were frail or slightly injured, most of them were not injured.

How do the boys cope with mental stress?

The boys must restrict the use of torches with them. The rescue team brought lighting into the room and kept the group company waiting until the rescue operation began.

The diver also brought letters from the boy’s parents to help them cope with the stress. A Navy SEAL team played chess with them to pass the time.

Belgian diver Ben Reymenants told Agence France-Presse: “Fortunately, the coach is flexible and goes all out, shrinking to save energy can basically save them.

At a news conference after the boy was sent out of the hospital, the boy thanked rescue workers. They praised the deceased diver and said they were sorry for their parents saying they were going to the cave after a football practice.

Watch the below the video of how the boys were rescued

Thailand Boys Dangerous Cave Rescue – VIDEO


Fact Check

We strive for accuracy and fairness. If you see something that doesn’t look right, contact us!

Thanks for reading and remember to share this post

Leave a Reply