News

teenager with covid-19 abandoned for death, lack of insurance

Coronavirus: Death of teenage boy linked to COVID-19, emergency care abandoned due to lack of insurance

The mayor said that a 17-year-old, despite not having any previous health reports, was initially associated with the new coronavirus, but was denied treatment at a California medical facility due to lack of insurance.

Lancaster, California Mayor R Rex Parris confirmed the teenager’s death in a video posted to YouTube on Wednesday, in which he warned residents to take the global pandemic seriously and take self Isolation and social isolation measures.

teenager infected with covid-19 abandoned for death, lack of insurance
E.M.T. sends patients to ambulance as health workers continue to test people for coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outside Brooklyn Hospital Center in Brooklyn, New York

“Friday before his death, he was healthy,” the mayor said of the teenager. “By Wednesday, he is dead.”

The mayor said that when the teenager arrived at an emergency medical facility in the area, he “was uninsured, so they did not treat him”. The medical staff then told the child to go to the local public hospital.

The mayor said, “On the way to AV Hospital, he suffered a cardiac arrest.” “They were able to revive him and keep him alive for about six hours. But by the time he got there, it was too late.”

see also : Coronavirus Update : United States cases top over 100,000

At the time of the death of adolescents, a wave of reports of fatal symptoms of young victims of Covid-19 came in violation of previous assumptions that the new virus was fatal to only some elderly patients and people with severe underlying diseases.

Another teenager in Louisiana has reportedly died of the disease after being infected with coronavirus, and a 21-year-old woman in the UK has no health problems.

However, the Los Angeles County Public Health Department later stated that the teenager’s death has been removed from the area’s Covid-19-related death list. The department said the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention would complete an investigation into the death of the teenager. It is unclear what symptoms he may have experienced before his death.

When health officials warned that the country’s hospital system had reached capacity, the United States confirmed at least 85,000 coronavirus cases by Friday. At the same time, the death toll has risen to nearly 1,300, and these numbers are likely to continue to soar in the coming days.

New York has seen the vast majority of confirmed cases, and despite the federal government’s challenges in purchasing test strips, New York State has managed to distribute a large number of test packages, so the state has managed to distribute a large number of test packages.

Doctors and nurses on the front lines of the crisis have previously told the Independent that in some cases, the virus infected young people in the same way as elderly patients.

A resident in Mount Sinai, New York City, issued a grim warning in an interview on Thursday.

“In contrast, young people between the ages of 30 and 50 are usually men and have little or no knowledge of past medical knowledge

Their medical history has been transmitted from the virus, intubated and killed. “The principle of staying away from society is not just to protect grandparents. ”

Another nurse in the New York area said, “What I really want the public to know is that it’s not just elderly people and patients who get sick and die from the virus. Both patients I care for over the weekend are 30 years old. Both Have no past medical history. ”

see also :

Coronavirus outbreak:  10 amazing tips for working from home

Fact Check

We strive for accuracy and fairness. If you see something that doesn’t look right, contact us!

Thanks for reading and remember to share this post on social media 

 

REF : independent and gritdaily.com 

Tags
Show More

Leave a Reply

Back to top button
Close
Close