There are various reasons Opera Browser might not be working well on Windows
Simple and effective way to solve the problem of opera not working in Windows.
To fix various PC problems, we recommend this tool:
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware, hardware failures, and optimize your PC for best performance. Now, in 3 simple steps you can fix PC issues and remove viruses:
- Download this PC Repair Tool rated Great on TrustPilot.com.
- Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with Patented Technologies (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
If you are experiencing problems with your web browser in Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, you should follow these guidelines to resolve the issue. In particular, the following steps will resolve operational issues reported by Windows 8 users, so please don’t hesitate and study them carefully.
Opera is an excellent web browser because the program runs fast and usually has no errors or lags. But in rare cases, users have reported that Opera is not responding on Windows 8 or even Windows 8.1 systems.
Regardless, if you are dealing with such a problem, don’t worry because you can always apply some troubleshooting solutions to resolve the error or problem. At this point, I have detailed this step-by-step guide that will easily show you how to fix Opera response errors on Windows 8-based devices.
Opera not responding error message can cause many problems on your PC, and in this article we’re going to cover the following topics:
- Opera not working on Windows 10 – According to users, their Opera browser isn’t working properly on Windows 10. This can be a big problem, but hopefully this article will help you fix it.
- Opera not loading pages – According to users, sometimes you might not be able to load pages in Opera due to this error. Users reported this error message while trying to visit certain websites, but you should be able to fix it using our solutions.
- Opera keeps crashing, freezing – Issues such as crashing and freezing can appear in Opera, and if you have these problems, we advise you to try some of our solutions.
Opera not responding in Windows 7, 10: How to fix
- Install the latest version of Opera
- Disable your antivirus software and restart Windows Explorer
- Disable the problematic plugins
- Reinstall Opera
- Use –no-sandbox parameter
- Disable Adblock features
Solution 1 – Install the latest version of Opera
First, when you notice that Opera is not responding, try to check if all Opera updates have been installed. So you can download Opera.com from any location to download the latest features and system versions for your web browsing application at any time. Don’t worry, the update will be installed automatically, and after the system restarts, you will be able to test if the error has been resolved.
You can also check for updates directly in the Opera browser by doing the following:
- Open Opera and click the Menu button in the top left corner. Choose About Opera from the menu.
- About tab will now appear and Opera will check for available updates. If updates are available, Opera will download and install them automatically.
Also, you should update the plugins used by Opera – this process will also be performed automatically as you will be prompted when a new update is being available for your system. So, just agree with the prompt and flash all the official updates.
Many users reported that the issue was resolved after upgrading to the latest version of Opera, so be sure to do that.
Solution 2 – Disable your antivirus software and restart Windows Explorer
Sometimes due to your antivirus software, Opera may show a message that it is not responding. If you encounter this issue, we recommend disabling third-party antivirus software and Windows Defender. After that, restart Opera and check if the issue recurs.
If the problem persists, do not enable the antivirus feature. Few users have reported that restarting Windows Explorer resolves this issue, so you might want to try it too. To restart Windows Explorer, you need to do the following:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
- List of available processes will now appear. Locate Windows Explorer, right click it and choose Restart from the menu.
After that, you can enable the anti-virus function and Opera will have no problems.
Another cause of this problem may be your antivirus software, and if your current antivirus software is experiencing problems, you may have to uninstall and switch to another antivirus software. The best antivirus tools on the market today are Bullguard (free) and Bitdefender, so we highly recommend trying them out.
- Download now Bullguard (Free download)
- Download Bitdefender Antivirus at a special 50% discount price
Solution 3 – Disable the problematic plugins
Since we mentioned the Opera plugins, the Opera not responding issues might occur due to same small though essential programs. Some plugins like Flash, Java, or multimedia plugins might be the cause of your problem. To fix the problem, you need to disable the plugins by doing the following:
- Open Opera and in the top right corner click on Menu. Now choose Extensions > Extensions from the menu.
- List of all available extensions will now appear. Disable all extensions.
After doing that, check if the problem still appears. If not, you need to enable extensions one by one until you find the extension that is causing this problem. Once you find the problematic extension you can remove it, update it or keep it disabled.
Solution 4 – Reinstall Opera
If you’re still getting Opera not responding message, you might be able to fix the problem simply by reinstalling Opera. To do that, you need to uninstall it by following these steps:
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- When the Settings app opens, go to Apps section.
- List of installed applications will now appear. Select Opera and click on Uninstall button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to uninstall Opera.
You can also uninstall Opera by following these steps:
- Press Windows Key + S and enter control. Select Control Panel from the list.
- When Control Panel opens, select Programs and Features from the list.
- List of all applications will now appear. Locate Opera on the list and double click it to remove it.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to uninstall Opera.
After you uninstall Opera, be sure to download and install the latest version and check if that solves the issue.
Solution 5 – Use –no-sandbox parameter
According to users, if you’re getting Opera not responding message frequently, you might be able to solve the problem simply by adding –no-sandbox parameter. By using this parameter you’ll disable certain security features of Opera, so don’t use this parameter as a long-term solution. To use this parameter, do the following:
- Locate the Opera shortcut, right click it and choose Properties from the menu.
- Now you need to locate Target field and add –no-sandbox after the quotes. Click on Apply and OK to save changes.
After making these changes, simply double click on Opera’s shortcut and the problem should be gone. Keep in mind that using –no-sandbox parameter can be a security risk, so be sure not to use it as a permanent solution.
Solution 6 – Disable Adblock features
Unlike other web browsers, Opera has a built-in feature that allows you to block ads. This is a useful feature, but according to users, sometimes it can cause Opera not responding error to appear. To fix this issue, it’s advised to disable the Adblock feature. To do that, follow these steps:
- Click the Menu icon in the top left corner and choose Settings from the menu. You can also open the Settings tab quickly by pressing Alt + P shortcut.
- Now click on Basic in the menu on the left and in Block ads section uncheck Block ads option.
After this is done, the built-in Adblock feature should be disabled and the issue of Opera not responding to messages should be completely resolved.
Well, this is how you try to troubleshoot Opera not responding in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. If you know of solutions other than the above, please contact us through the comment area below for more information, and of course we will update this tutorial accordingly.
see also : Best websites to make money online from home