Sometimes you can’t find your hidden files on your file manager and you wonder where they are located. Many users ask us how they can see the .htaccess files for their websites in cPanel File Manager. By default, such files are not shown. To see the hidden files in cPanel File Manager follow these steps:
- Log into your cPanel account
- Go to File Manager (Files Section)
- Click the top-right Settings button.
- Then on the Preferences window, check the option Show Hidden Files (dotfiles)
- Confirm the action by clicking the Save button
- Now you will see all hidden files (including .htaccess files) in File Manager.
The video tutorial is here:
We strive for accuracy and fairness. If you see something that doesn’t look right, contact us!
Thanks for reading and remember to share this post on social media