SAN DIEGO – Some parts of Southern California were shaken hard on Friday night by a major earthquake that struck near Anna in Riverside County. Especially in the San Diego area.
Date & time: Saturday, 4 April 2020 01:53 UTC
Local time at epicenter: 2020-04-03 17:53:18 -08:00
Depth: 10.5 km
Epicenter latitude / longitude: 33.4895°N / 116.50633°W (United States)
Nearest volcano: Salton Buttes (88 km)
Primary data source: USGS
The earthquake coincides with the San Jacinto fault system, which scientists say can produce 7.3 to 7.5 temblor.
The blender also feels like being in downtown Los Angeles, other areas of Allegheny County and the Inland Empire.
This earthquake occurred at 6:53 am at one point near the San Diego-Riverside line, 11 miles southeast of East Anza and 16 miles northeast of Warner. Springs at a depth of 6.6 miles
It is normal that earthquakes occur at a depth of 10 miles in Southern California.
4.9 earthquake strikes near Palm Springs
Did you feel it?https://t.co/MhZCqS2T7i
— Los Angeles Times (@latimes) April 4, 2020
“This is a moderate earthquake in an area that causes a lot of earthquakes,” said Tom Rockwell, a scientist at the San Diego State University who has studied the San Jacinto system for many years.
“This is part of the offense that we expect a large earthquake. The last major event occurred on 22 November 1800 when we had 7.3 earthquakes. It produced up to 13 feet from the side disposal near Anza. ”
Really? Earthquakes, Corona Virus, millions unemployed, everything closed, no money to pay the bills. What time are locusts scheduled to descend on us? Well at least Jessica Alba is trending so I can die with a smile on my face.#earthquake #apocalypse2020 Palm Desert La Quinta pic.twitter.com/gzEvzcDXGn
— MARTY COUNCELBAUM (@WALSTGUY) April 4, 2020
The average return time for a major earthquake in that area is 270 years.
“Can we have a great tomorrow?” Rockwell said. “Can we wait 100 more years? Yes. The time has returned quite different.
“There is a 5% chance here. It is a big earthquake in the next 48 hours but there is a 95% chance that nothing will happen.”
Important ripples are expected on Friday’s vibration.
— BJ Rodriguez (@ruler13) April 4, 2020
see also :
We strive for accuracy and fairness. If you see something that doesn’t look right, contact us!
Thanks for reading and remember to share this post on social media