Lack of space at the health centre, 3 COVID-19 patients sent home

Panic – Lack of space at the health centre, 3 COVID-19 patients sent home

In the sense of lack of space at the health centre, 3 COVID-19 patients in QC sent home

Mayor Joy Belmonte said on Sunday that three COVID-19 patients in Quezon City were sent home for a virus test because of inadequate facilities.

Belmont said the three viruses patients are from  poor urban communities and the city government is looking for a way to draw patients to prevent the virus from spreading fast.

“They were all proven positive and they were not accepted, so I think it’s a bit shocking and disturbing,” she told ANC.

“Fortunately, they show only very, very slight symptoms. And, I think they may be asymptomatic, which is why the issue of isolating them in facilities is also a little lack of attention,” Belmont said.

In a message to ABS-CBN News later in the day, Belmont said: “(The Ministry of Health) gave us a list of Ang nag-test sa kanila ang nagpauwi sa kanila at nadatnan na lang namin sila sa bahay. ”

She said in an ANC interview that two of these conditions are manageable and the other is in a “quite crowded” area.

“At the moment, I’m really thinking about how to isolate that person (in a crowded area). We do have a hotel facility converted to a hospital, and we started surgery for the investigator (PUI) on Thursday.

I am now we are working on Consider positive for at least one room reservation (COVID-19) in the hospital referred by the hotel. These positives may not show very severe symptoms, but just take them away from the community. This is an option we are considering at this time, “she says.

Belmonte said the lack of space in medical facilities has led to the current agreement to send patients home while waiting for results.

see also : 10 ways to boost your immunity system against coronavirus

“What is happening now is testing this person, but because they have nowhere to stay while waiting for the results, they are sent home. So even if they are positive, they will Was sent home. ”

According to the Ministry of Health website, as of Saturday afternoon, it is unclear whether the three patients belonged to 44 cases of COVID-19 in the city.

Belmont said that according to the guidelines of the government’s Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases, four areas of the city are currently under “extremely intensified community quarantine.”

COVID-19, which was first discovered in China last December, may be fatal to the elderly, people with low immune function, and people with basic medical conditions, but 80% of cases worldwide show a high chance of recovery. “No special treatment is needed, According to the World Health Organization.

As of Saturday, the Philippines has confirmed 307 cases of COVID-19, of which 19 have died.

COVID-19 Alert Coronavirus disease

People may be infected with the virus for 1 to 14 days before symptoms appear. The most common symptoms of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Most people (about 80%) recover from the disease without special treatment.

The disease rarely becomes severe or even fatal. The elderly and people with other illnesses, such as asthma, diabetes or heart disease, may be more susceptible to severe illness.

People may encounter:

cough
heat
tired
Difficulty breathing (severe)

Data from China show that most people with Covid-19 show only mild symptoms and then recover

Data from China show that most people infected with the new coronavirus show mild symptoms, and the worst-case scenario for the disease now appears to be over.

Last month, scientists from the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention published a research paper that analyzed data from the first 72,314 people diagnosed with Covid-19.

Epidemiologists say it will take a long time to fully understand the mechanism of the coronavirus outbreak, but the information published by Chinese scientists may provide some insights for those most vulnerable to the virus.

The data show that men and women have about the same chance of getting the virus. When scientists examined 44,672 patients who were diagnosed with the disease, they found that 106 out of every 100 women were diagnosed with men.

However, the effects on men appear to be worse, at least among the participants in this preliminary study. Although 2.8% of men diagnosed with the disease died, only 1.7% of women died.

 

#COVIDIOT

see also : Coronavirus travel advice for Australians and San Francisco on Lockdown

 

 

Fact Check

 

We strive for accuracy and fairness. If you see something that doesn’t look right, contact us!

Thanks for reading and remember to share this post on social media.

 

REF : news.abs-cbn

Leave a Reply